This weeks recipe is a delicious, southwestern style soup! Featuring black beans! Black beans are a great source of folate, dietary fiber, protein, magnesium, and iron! Perfect for those chilly days and when you need a quick but filling meal. Enjoy!
BLACK BEAN SOUP
Prep and Cook Tme: 10min
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans
- 1 (16oz) can vegetable broth
-1/2 cup salsa
-1 Tbs cumin (or chili powder)
-1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
-1/2 cup cooked rice (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
1. In a large pot, mash 1 can of the black beans.
2. Add the other can of whole black beans to the pot.
3. Add the veg broth and salsa.
4. Place the pot on stove and turn to medium/high heat.
5. Add cumin/chilli powder and garlic powder (if using)
6. Bring to boil and stir.
7. Stir in COOKED rice if desired.
8. Remove from stove and pour into bowls
9. Top with tortilla chips, vegan shredded cheese (Daiya is great!) and/or vegan sour cream.
10. Enjoy!! :D
Leave a comment below telling me watcha think abou this delicious recipe!